The Web Redevelopment Project is a big endeavour and we’re sure you have lots of questions. To help you out, we’ve put together a list of the most frequently asked questions by CDU staff. This list will continually grow as more questions come through, so check back for regular updates. CDU staff will also find more information on the WRP Wiki.
The project is scheduled for completion in February 2018, with kick-off meetings to commence on 17 July 2017. Project status updates will be uploaded to the WRP Wiki to keep staff up to date with our progress.
The new website will be designed with the user in mind. It will draw on the needs and desires of the user and will focus on user journeys and experiences. The design and structure will also seek to communicate the key messages and values of the CDU brand and strategy, Connect Discover Grow.
Website design is constantly evolving and at CDU, we like to be ahead of the pack. Our new website will be innovative and forward thinking, combining fresh and modern design with emerging technology and functionality to enhance the overall user experience.
The search functionality will be developed based on user experience and will allow future students to find relevant information with ease. We are excited to explore innovative technology for search functionality – watch this space!
A great way to start preparing for the new site is to review, update and cull your content. The nature of the web is to continuously grow but we can end up with too much information and it can become confusing.
- Is this information still relevant and up to date?
- Do we need it? Is it duplicated in other areas? Should it be deleted?
- Could this be re-written to make it easier to understand?
Training will be provided for all content editors, with plans in place to deliver additional specialty workshops such as Search Engine Optimisation and Writing for the Web. We want our editors to feel confident and we will be here to support you every step of the way.
There are many ways you can participate in the Web Redevelopment Project.
- Provide feedback in the WRP Wiki – we love ideas!
- Remove old, out-dated and duplicated content from your pages.
- Edit and re-write your content to make it is more concise, easy to understand and suitable for the web.
- Fancy being the next Zoolander? We are always on the lookout for models for our web images.